VEIN SERVICES: VARICOSE VEINS AND VENOUS INSUFFICIENCY TREATMENT:
VENASEAL CLOSURE system now available at our facility with great success and high patient satisfaction. http://blog.doctoroz.com/behind-the-scenes/check-in-on-valeries-venaseal-treatment
The VNUS Closure procedure is a minimally invasive treatment alternative with less pain and less bruising when compared to traditional vein stripping surgery and laser treatment. Using the Closure system, physicians close the diseased veins by inserting the Closure catheter into a vein and heating the vein wall using temperature-controlled RF energy. Heating the vein wall causes collagen in the wall to shrink and the vein to close. After the vein is sealed shut, blood then naturally reroutes to healthy veins.
Venous reflux or venous insufficiency develops when the valves that usually keep blood flowing out of your legs become damaged or diseased.
The Closure procedure provides the following benefits for patients and physicians:
- Minimally Invasive Outpatient Procedure. Closure catheters are inserted into the vein via a tiny incision in the lower leg, eliminating the need for groin surgery and general anesthesia. The Closure procedure can be performed using local anesthesia in a physician’s office, as well as in an outpatient hospital setting or surgicenter.
- Clinically Proven Less Post-Operative Pain. The Closure procedure does not involve pulling the diseased vein from the thigh as with vein stripping surgery, or using 700° C laser energy which boils blood to occlude a vein as with endovenous laser (EVL)12. In the RECOVERY Trial, a multi-center head-to-head comparative randomized trial comparing the Closure procedure with EVL, the Closure procedure was found to have less patient pain and less patient bruising than EVL for the best patient recovery experience available from a minimally invasive vein treatment.10 Additionally, in other randomized comparative studies have shown that patients receiving the Closure procedure return to normal activity and work significantly faster than those receiving vein stripping.3
- Excellent Clinical Outcomes. The ClosureFAST catheter, which represents the latest advancement in the Closure procedure, has been shown in a multi-center study to have a 97.4 efficacy rate at one-year.11 This shows that the treatment is highly effective and, as proven in the RECOVERY trial, is gentle on the patient.10
- Cosmetically Appealing. Because treatment with Closure is minimally invasive and is catheter-based, it results in little to no scarring. As with any medical procedure, you are encouraged to review all safety information associated with the procedure by consulting your physician.
- Click here to learn more about varicose veins and CVI
- Varicose veins writeup
- Click here to access candidate selection article.